The Two workshops and the retreat included in this program can be done in any order and as separate events. Most of our students decide to do all three to accomplish the Professional Certificate Program (this decision can be made after the first event). To do so, they need to commit to these steps below:
- Step One—Take one of our two workshops designed for leaders and professionals seeking to study the Enneagram in-depth to use it for “outer impact” in work or therapeutic settings to support others’ development.
- Step Two–Integration time 1. At the Chestnut Paes Enneagram Academy, we believe in a process of professional development that goes beyond workshops in a classroom and includes both professional and personal growth. This is why our professional certification track includes integration work after each workshop consisting of extra activities designed to extend and deepen learning within a supportive process. Integration work is done to solidify the certifying student’s experience of applying the Enneagram in terms of understanding its theory, engaging in meaningful practices, and furthering self-development. The student is expected to implement a Professional Development Plan following suggestions of the teachers and staff.
- After participating in each professional workshop, students who decide to enter the professional certification process will receive general and individualized suggested guidelines in writing from Beatrice Chestnut and Uranio Paes with tasks for personal and professional development to be done after the workshop. Based on these guidelines and input from their CP certification coach, the student will create a professional development plan that will help them focus on growth tasks to be completed after the workshop.
- Following the first professional workshops, you will have study, practice, and self-development tasks. You will develop a professional development program related to your work with the Enneagram, which will be supported by a Chestnut Paes staff mentor.
- Step Three–Take the second of our two workshops designed to help to greatly enhance your professional capacity to use the Enneagram as a growth tool with others.
- Step Four–Integration time 2. Synthesize your personal and professional learning through accomplishing more study, practice, and self-development tasks, supported by a CP Enneagram Academy mentor.
- Step Five–Take Inner Work Retreat A: Enneagram 2.0 (which can be done anytime, even before the workshops). We believe that every professional seeking to become a highly effective Enneagram practitioner must do their own Enneagram-guided inner work. This is because the Enneagram is not just any typology–it is designed to be used as a framework for real transformation. Professionals who do not commit to their own deep inner work are in danger of bypassing their own defenses, blind spots, and habitual patterns. If professionals do not do their own intensive personal growth work, their own blind spots and unexamined personality patterns may undermine their work with clients in ways that may be hard to see. So, we include Retreat A as part of our professional certification program as well as our the foundational first step of our Personal Mastery to encourage Enneagram professionals to pursue their own growth path at a deep level, so that they can serve as a model for the people they work with, as well as a supportive guide.
- Step Six–Integration Time A “Lite” for the Professional Certification Program. Instead of doing the “Integration A” work associated with the Personal Mastery Program, Professional CP certifiers are only asked to write a short essay on what they are working on in their personal development and how their personal work supports their professional development. They will be required to do a “Professional Certification personal post-Retreat A report”: “How I see my personal process impacting my professional use of the Enneagram.” (An outline for the structure and questions to be answered will be provided.)
- Step Seven—Professional Certification Completion. In order to complete the professional certification, participants will need to prepare the final CP Enneagram Professional Report, analyzing their own evolution throughout the certification process and designing a new development plan for after the certification. CP teachers or mentors will evaluate this report and may ask for additional analysis to certify the student.To complete the professional certification process, the certifying student will:
- Complete a final report on professional development and using and applying the Enneagram.
- Answer final examination questions.
- Have a final discussion with CP Enneagram teacher(s) Beatrice Chestnut and/or Uranio Paes to summarize and celebrate the completion of the certification process
Beatrice Chestnut, MA, PhD, MFT, brings a deep knowledge of the Enneagram system to her work as a psychotherapist, coach, group facilitator, trainer, and consultant. A licensed psychotherapist, she has a PhD in communication and an MA in clinical psychology and has been working with the Enneagram for more than 28 years. She has taught communication and psychology at the college level, served as president of the International Enneagram Association from 2006 through 2007, and completed the Palmer/Daniels Enneagram Professional Training Program teacher certification in 1997.
Currently, Beatrice has a psychotherapy, coaching, and business development practice based in San Francisco. She has taught at Northwestern University and was trained in group facilitation at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business. She is the author of two popular books about the Enneagram system, The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge and The 9 Types of Leadership: Mastering the Art of People in the 21st-Century Workplace and was founding co-editor of the IEA’s Enneagram Journal. She teaches Enneagram workshops internationally, and works with teams and businesses as a trainer, coach, and change consultant. More than anything else, Bea is passionate about helping others find their way toward consciously creating more fulfilling relationships, work, and life experiences.
Uranio Paes MBA holds graduate and MBA degrees in management and is internationally recognized as a leading Enneagram facilitator, coach, and organization development specialist. He has worked in corporate settings for three decades, where he has used the Enneagram system for over 16,000 professionals. Now, Uranio specializes in doing transformational work with groups and individuals based in the Enneagram.
A former President of the International Enneagram Association (in 2008 and 2009) and a long-term student of several different spiritual paths, for many years Uranio taught the Enneagram Worldwide Narrative Tradition Professional Training (EPTP) Program in Brazil, Spain, Italy and Portugal. He is founder and CEO of Mundo Eneagrama (soon to be Chestnut Paes Online) a global Enneagram learning community that offers a large variety of high-quality Enneagram content online as well as live workshops offered internationally.
The Chestnut Paes Professional Certification Program is for:
- Therapists who want to deepen their knowledge of the Enneagram so they can enhance their skills and increase their confidence in using the system with their clients to accelerate their development.
- Coaches who seek to use the Enneagram in the most effective and skilful ways with clients.
- Leaders of all kinds of teams and all areas of work and life (including people interested in using the Enneagram with family, friends or while parenting) who want to learn the Enneagram at a deeper level in order to use it with their teams and organizations.
- HR professionals who want to deepen their understanding of the Enneagram to apply it in their work with individuals, leaders, and teams.
- Spiritual counsellors seeking to develop greater skill applying the Enneagram to support others’ development.
- Enneagram teachers who want to increase their depth of knowledge Enneagram theory and their ability to communicate about and apply the Enneagram with students.