The student may choose to participate in retreats A, B and C as separate events, but they need to be done in this order – meaning that your first step should be registering for Retreat A. However, after Retreat A, most of our students decide to enrol at the full Chestnut Paes Personal Mastery Program for a sustainable and comprehensive assisted process of inner transformation. In this case, the student is awarded a symbolic “martial arts belt” of a different colour at each step accomplished, indicating growing self-mastery levels.
- Step 1: Inner Work Retreat A–Enneagram 2.0. This first retreat focuses on learning theory connected to the Enneagram as a profound and accurate map of self-development. We study the Enneagram passions, types, subtypes, and instinctual drives. Then we explore our inner territory through telling brief stories of pivotal, character-shaping moments in our lives. Then we apply the map to the territory and embark on individual journey–specific pieces of inner work designed to address important areas where growth is needed to move forward on the path of development.
- Step 2: Integration time A–At Chestnut Paes Enneagram Academy, we believe in a process of development that goes beyond retreats and workshops in “the classroom.” This is why our Personal Mastery Program includes integration time with additional activities after each retreat. During Integration time A participating students will accomplish specific tasks that engage the head (intellectual level), heart (emotional level), and/or body (behavioral/physical/action level) and can be organized in terms of addressing Enneagram-guided theory, practice, and self-development. Tasks include meetings with a mentor to support a customized self-development plan informed by feedback from Uranio and Bea after Retreat A, as well as specific study and practice assignments.
- Step 3: Inner Work Retreat B–The Transformational Enneagram. By supporting each other in examining relationships with parents, elements of the personal shadow, and the ability to experience the 3 key egoic emotions, we will leverage Enneagram insights connected to the Gurdjieffian centers of intelligence, specific aspects of our arrow-connected points, meditation techniques, and small group learning focused on taking in feedback to do the work to dis-identify more completely from our egos. We will do challenging psychological work to create more balance, inner peace, and freedom from the personality patterns that keep us from reaching our higher potentials. This retreat also includes some physical/somatic “mat work” on the Enneagram symbol.
- Step 4: Integration Time B— The substance of Integration Time B is similar to Integration Time A, with inner work tasks, practices, and study assignments updated for where the person is at this point in their program, with an additional component of participation in a virtual peer support group.
- Step 5: Inner work Retreat C–The Alchemical Enneagram. At this retreat, students continue to deepen their inner growth using different aspects of the Enneagram symbol, Gurdjieffian work, and other sources from wisdom teachings. Students will do profound work on the Enneagram mat, and experience different levels of awareness through meditation and other forms of psycho-spiritual healing work. We will explore any remaining shadow work, energy field management, and ways of accessing the higher emotional center with the Virtues. We will also start exploring the Higher Mental Center and the Holy Ideas. Finally, we will do further work relaxing the defenses mechanisms that hold the personality in place, allowing for different degrees of spiritual experiences. We will work with mysterious elements of the Enneagram diagram as a map of process, including the existential fear and emptiness connected to “the void” symbolized by the gap between points 4 and 5.
- Step 6: Completion of the Personal Mastery Program, which awards the student with CP Enneagram’s black belt level. This includes a set of integration activities, a final self-observation report detailing work done through the program, an examination, and a final piece of work done with a personal mentor and the CP Enneagram Academy founders.
Beatrice Chestnut, MA, PhD, MFT, brings a deep knowledge of the Enneagram system to her work as a psychotherapist, coach, group facilitator, trainer, and consultant. A licensed psychotherapist, she has a PhD in communication and an MA in clinical psychology and has been working with the Enneagram for more than 28 years. She has taught communication and psychology at the college level, served as president of the International Enneagram Association from 2006 through 2007, and completed the Palmer/Daniels Enneagram Professional Training Program teacher certification in 1997.
Currently, Beatrice has a psychotherapy, coaching, and business development practice based in San Francisco. She has taught at Northwestern University and was trained in group facilitation at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business. She is the author of two popular books about the Enneagram system, The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge and The 9 Types of Leadership: Mastering the Art of People in the 21st-Century Workplace and was founding co-editor of the IEA’s Enneagram Journal. She teaches Enneagram workshops internationally, and works with teams and businesses as a trainer, coach, and change consultant. More than anything else, Bea is passionate about helping others find their way toward consciously creating more fulfilling relationships, work, and life experiences.
Uranio Paes MBA holds graduate and MBA degrees in management and is internationally recognized as a leading Enneagram facilitator, coach, and organization development specialist. He has worked in corporate settings for three decades, where he has used the Enneagram system for over 16,000 professionals. Now, Uranio specializes in doing transformational work with groups and individuals based in the Enneagram.
A former President of the International Enneagram Association (in 2008 and 2009) and a long-term student of several different spiritual paths, for many years Uranio taught the Enneagram Worldwide Narrative Tradition Professional Training (EPTP) Program in Brazil, Spain, Italy and Portugal. He is founder and CEO of Mundo Eneagrama (soon to be Chestnut Paes Online) a global Enneagram learning community that offers a large variety of high-quality Enneagram content online as well as live workshops offered internationally.
The Chestnut Paes Personal Mastery Program for inner transformation supports individuals committed to deeper personal transformation on a challenging path of development.
Specifically, it is for:
- Individuals seeking deeper ways to apply the insights gained through the Enneagram system of personality.
- People committed to their own development and self-improvement path.
- Individuals ready for profound healing experiences that can allow for freedom from anxiety related to early trauma.
- People desiring more fulfilling relationships who are willing to do the work on self required to develop the capacity to remain non-defensive and open in the face of both conflict and real contact–to be able to grow with others in love and friction.
- Individuals looking for opportunities to learn in community with others to further their progress on a psychological healing path or spiritual journey.
Please note: This intensive process is only for people who are motivated to apply the Enneagram to initiate a real journey of internal change. If you want to engage with the Enneagram on a more superficial level, or if you don’t wish to engage with the psychological and spiritual dimensions of the Enneagram, this is not the program for you.